A festive rich pumpkin soup to get into the holiday mood. Perfect to warm you up during the cold days. Serve with a toasted bread or a baguette and enjoy with delight!
- 750 g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large potato, sliced
- 1 litre water
- 2 or 3 cubes chicken stock, crumbled
- 250 ml double cream
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
Prep: 5 min – Cook: 55 min – Extra time: 1 hr – Ready in: 2 hr
- Preheat oven to 220 C
- Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water to boil with crumbled stock cubes.
- In a pot cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a food processor until smooth. Return to pan over low heat and stir in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Heat gently and serve.
To make your activities in the kitchen less stressful we made a list of our favourite food processors. Check them out down below!